The Department of Management Studies was started at Karaikal Campus in the academic year 2009-10. The Department offers M.B.A. in Insurance Management and Ph.D. in Management. The M.B.A. programme in Insurance Management was initiated by Pondicherry University ascertaining, firstly, the escalating need for sectoral MBA programmes from stakeholder side and secondly, prosperous growth of insurance sector after liberalisation of the sector in India in 2000.
With a commitment to the promotion of knowledge and development of youth, the Department pursues the following goals:
1. To develop the department as a Centre of Knowledge in the insurance field.
2. To promote research in the insurance industry through research programmes, seminars, workshops, etc.
3. To strengthen industry-institute interface through association, consultancy and participation in skill development programmes.
Vision and Message of Head of Department
Dr. C. Madhavaiah
- Associate Professor
Office Contact Details
- Well equipped library with good number of books and journals related to various disciplines of management and insurance.
- Centralized computer lab with internet facility.
- E-Resource Centres.
- Remote accessing facility of all library resources from Central Library of Pondicherry University main campus.
- Separate hostels for boys, girls and research scholars.
- Human Resources Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Management Information Systems
- Insurance Management
- Insurance & Actuarial Sciences
- Healthcare Management