The facilities of the CIF come under the following groups:
Electronic shop of the centre is equipped with necessary Electronic Test & Measurement equipment and tools to undertake maintenance, repair and service works of all types of Electrical, electronics and audio-visual equipment instruments / equipment / appliances & teaching aid. Design and Fabrication Services of instrumentation modules required by students and faculty research work is also provided.
Maintenance of all Sophisticated Instruments of the University, Design and Development of Instruments to meet the research needs of students & Faculty members and Repair & Service of Electronic teaching aid.
Equipment available: Several Test and measuring instruments, Standard Oscilloscopes, 100 MHz Digital Storage Oscilloscope, Function Generators, Microprocessor & Microcontroller Trainer & Development kits, IC and Discrete Device Testers and LCR meter
Mechanical shop commissioned during March 1997 is equipped with necessary equipment and tools to take up all sorts of mechanical fabrication and repair and reconditioning works of mechanical structures and cabinets. Modification of existing assemblies, new designs and fabrication of mechanical components as desired by research students and faculty are also carried out.
Design and fabrication of all types of mechanical assemblies involving turning, drilling, cutting, welding, grinding, bending and painting works, Repair of existing machines / structures, Caters to all Departments, centres and offices of the university and Supports student and faculty research activities.
Machinery available : Machining – 10′ Heavy duty cone pulley Lathe, All geared HMT lathe, Universal Milling Machine, Bending – Manual machine for sheets up to 4 mm, Cutting – Power Hacksaw, manual shear, Welding – Electric Arc (200 A), Gas welding cylinders and Torches, Drilling – Vertical drilling up to 40mm dia, Grinding – Bench, Angle, Flexible grinders, Painting – Air Compressor, Tools and Accessories.
Machinery available: Table top Burners, Glass blower’s Lathe, Grinding machine, Graduation table, Annealing Furnace, Strain viewer and Tools and Accessories.
The instruments are available to all the students, research scholars and faculty members of the university and affiliated institutions and also other educational institutions, research labs and industry also on chargeable basis as mentioned in the table below. The users are to submit the requisition forms with the samples. Outstation users may contact the centre by e-mail (email@example.com) to reserve time slot for their use and visit with the samples on the date of appointment.
- Circular Dichroism Spectrometer (CDS)
- Broad band Dielectric Spectrometer (BDS)
- Electron Probe Micro Analyzer (EPMA)
- Fast Protein Liquid Chromatography (FPLC)
- Fluorescence Assisted Cell Sorter (FACS)
- Fourier Transform Infra-Red Spectrometer (FTIR)
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectrometer (NMR)
- Gamma chamber
- High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)
- High Performance Thin layer Chromatography (HPTLC)
- High Resolution Transmission Electron Microscope (HR-TEM)
- Ion Chromatography System (ICS)
- Raman Spectroscopy Analysis
- Planetary Micro Mill (Pulverisette)
- Particle Size Analyzer
- Physical Property Measurement System (PPMS)
- Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM)
- Semi-macro Elemental analyzers (CHNS)
- Surface Area Analyzer
- Thermal Analysis
- UV-VIS-NIR Spectrometer
- Vibrating Sample Magnetometer (VSM)
- Wavelength Dispersive X-Ray Fluorescence Spectrometer (WD-XRF)
- X-ray Photoelectron Spectrometer (XPS)
- Isotopic Ratio Mass Spectrometer (IRMS)