- The Centre ensures and encourages an active participation of community in its educational activities.
- The admission policy followed by the Mahe Centre helps to democratize education to every citizen
- subject to eligibility conditions.
- Courses are need-based and job-oriented as well as they are framed by the experts in the field,
- screened by Board of Studies and approved by the Academic Council of Pondicherry University.
- Experiential learning and / or hands on experience is an essential component of all courses. This
- experience is provided by practical or lab work both within the Centre and outside the premises, with the associated institutions and industry partners. Therefore, on job training and industrial visits are integral component of every program.
- There is considerable flexibility in formulation and implementation of various courses. The Centre
- can introduce any course quickly, if it finds the demand for it or drop a course for which the demand
- is stagnant or sagging.
- The courses are taught by both professional teachers and experienced professionals in different skill
- Teaching faculty and Resource Persons are recruited on need-basis from time to time.
- The Centre at Mahe has been able to establish and maintain a rapport and collaboration with various institutions in and around Mahe and Kerala for providing effective training and placement facilities for the benefit of students.
- The Centre provides counselling and guidance services to the students at the time of admission,
- during the course of study and at the time of employment.
- Courses are conducted with the partial financial support of University Grants Commission.
- Centre assists the students in identifying placements.
The Pondicherry University Community college-Mahe Centre established in 2014 is a pioneering educational institution which provides an excellent education to the unprivileged sections of the community without gender disparity. The community college is accessible to a large number of individuals of the community, offer low cost and high quality education locally that encompasses both skill development as well as traditional course work, thereby providing opportunities to the learners to move directly to the employment sector or more into higher education.
The educational activities in PUCC- Mahe Centre focus to reach out the entire community and empower students with need oriented value based holistic education. The Centre has entered into MOUs with renowned institutions. Through Teaching, Training, Research and Extension, Mahe Centre created a model of employment oriented education with adequate mutual collaboration and cooperation with its industry partners.
Dr. M. P. Rajan
To reach out the unreached youth population and empower them through providing need oriented and value based education and ethics. This would enable the graduates completing B.Voc to make a meaningful participation in accelerating India’s economy by gaining appropriate employment, becoming entrepreneurs and creating appropriate knowledge.
To create a dynamic learning and working environ- ment which nurtures new ideas and creativity to ensure aptitude building in the youth with special reference to the unprivileged sections of the community without gender disparity. This comprehensive education model is intended for social transformations, intellectual enlightenment, professional and life skill development, social commitment, emotional balance with moral uprightness to ensure better quality of life and peaceful coexistence.
The distinguishing hallmarks of Pondicherry University Mahe Centre are
COURSES OFFERED & ELIGIBILITY
M.Voc/B.Voc Degree/Diploma Courses
M.Voc. (2 year)
- Fashion Technology
(A Pass in any degree (or) its equivalent)
B.Voc. (3 year)
- Journalism & Mass Communication
- Fashion Technology
- Office Administration and Secretarial Assistance
(A Pass in +2/VHSE (or) its equivalent)
1 year Diploma
- Radiographic & Imaging Technology
(A Pass in +2/VHSE (or) its equivalent with Biology)
6 Month Diploma
- Modern Costume Design and Jewellery Making
(A Pass in SSLC (or) its equivalent)