The MTech Green Energy Technology and MA South Asian Studies, are for students from the SAARC countries, sponsored by the South Asia Foundation that has funded the UMISARC UNESCO Madanjeet Singh Institute for South Asian Regional Cooperation and the Centre for Green Energy Technology in the university.
Pondicherry University has always had active collaborations with higher educational and scientific institutions of repute both from India and abroad. We welcome MoUs and the Dean – International Relations facilitates the process of entering into good and effective partnerships that contribute to academic enrichment and opportunities for students and teaching staff mobilities, both inbound and outbound. Joint conferences and workshops to share state of the art expertise are strongly encouraged.
MoUs with many foreign institutions have been signed and there is active engagement through International Seminars and Webinars, Workshops, Student Exchange Outbound and Inbound with various departments of Pondicherry University to partner universities in France, Germany, Australia, Canada, Taiwan, to mention a few recent ones.
The Standard Operating Procedure for MoUs is as detailed in this document.
The Suggested Format for MoU is as shown here. However, partner institutions and PU may modify for their specific needs keeping the spirit of the MoU intact. We support the need for exchanging hard copies physically signed by all parties for scientific institutions and direct departments of the Government of India as per the regulations governing such agreements.
We have many active MoUs open for Student Exchange Programs, Research Scholar Mobilities, and Teaching Mobilities as well as joint research projects, conferences and academic events. Link to list of MoUs 6 here
- Discussion Meeting faculty with Austrade Representative – Education & Training, Australian Consulate General, 26 Jul 2019
- Indo-Swiss Collaboration Meeting with School of Life Sciences for Research Partnerships, 30 Aug 2019
- DAAD German Academic Exchange Programme Office Workshop for PhD aspirants in Biological Sciences, 09 Nov 2019
- DAAD German Academic Exchange Programme Office Information Seminar for Postgraduate students, 14 Feb 2020
- University of Tours, Centre-Val de Loire collaboration meeting, 10 Feb 2020
- Collaborations France meeting with Attaché for Science and Technology, 4 Feb 2020
- Festival des Francophonies de Pondichéry2020 Interactive Three Weeks Puppetry Workshop Dept. of Performing Arts, March 2020
- Eiffel Scholarship online information seminar Campus France, 12 Oct 2020
- Eiffel Choose France Tour virtual program French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs and Campus France, 6 – 7 Nov 2020
- Faculty of various departments awarded SPARC funding and research scholars visited foreign collaborating institutions in Canada, Australia, France, etc.
- Dean – IR participated in DIES Dialogues in Internationalization of Higher Education organized by DAAD at IIT Madras, Chennai, 10 – 12 Oct 2019
- Dean – IR participated in International Workshop on Networking of Higher Educational Institutions at University of Reunion, Reunion Island, 12 – 13 Nov 2019. MoUs under process with University of Reunion and MGI Mauritius.