The campus was initially started in the year 2000, and it located at Port Blair, the picturesque capital of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. It has sophisticated laboratory facilities equipped with latest equipments for field investigations in ocean related sciences. These facilities are to impart education and training to the students of Marine Biology and Coastal Disaster Management and for carrying out R & D activities in and around islands and other parts of India.
The Departments in the campus has the following basic and sophisticated equipments for teaching and research.
- Hydrolab – Quanta
- Ultracentrifuge, Laminar air flow, Rotary evaporator
- Water and Sediment Samplers and Plankton Nets
- Side Scan Sonar and Total Organic Carbon Analyser
- UV Spectrophotmeter – Double Beam
- Remote Sensing and Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
- Current Meter
- Resistivity Variometer and Resistivity Imaging System
- SIR 2000 Ground Penetrating Radar
- Seismograph – Underground field Seismic Imaging System – 12 Channel.
- Electromagnetic Sounder
- Automatic Weather Station
- Differential Global Positioning System (DGPS)