Pondicherry University migrated its mail services to https://email.gov.in of National Informatics Centre (NIC), Govt. of India w.e.f., 06/06/2017. All faculty, officers and (on special demand ONLY) students/scholars can avail access to this e-mail service from the URL: https://email.gov.in using their User ID and Password
Creation of new e-mail account
- Faculty and Officers of the University who desire to avail a new e-mail ID under the domain pondiuni.edu.in shall submit a request signed by the individual and signed & forwarded by their reporting Officer/Authority (respective Dean/HoD/Centre Head/ Section Head), either by internal dispatch system or through online using e-Forms, to The Head, Computer Centre, Pondicherry University
- On receipt of the request, an e-mail account shall be created and its credentials shall be sent by e-mail/SMS to the registered e-mail ID/mobile number.
- E-mail users are requested to change his/her password on first login. It is advised to construct a strong password (minimum of 8-alpha numeric characters with atleast one numeral, one Uppercase alphabet, one special character, etc).
- User credentials shall not be shared with others
- Periodically the passwords shall be changed.
- Strictly this e-mail service shall be used for official purposes ONLY.
- At regular intervals, the e-mail folders (INBOX, SENT,etc) shall be cleansed by removing/deleting unwanted emails, making copy of the important mails elsewhere, taking print out of most important email communications, etc)
|Subject||Link to Guidelines|
|Link to Access Email||https://email.gov.in User Manual (PDF)|
|Email Service policies of Govt. of India||https://msgapp.emailgov.in/docs/policy.html General Terms & Conditions (PDF)|
|Obtaining new email-id (online)|
|Account Creation/Updation||Contact Computer Centre Office|
|Forget / Change Password / Activate ID||https://passapp.email.gov.in/passapp/|
|Enabling country policy – access official emails – Abroad||General guidelines (PDF)|
|Frequently Asked Questions||https://mail.gov.in/iwc_static/c11n/allDomain/layout/faq.html|
|Installation of Kavach Application||Configuration steps for installing Kavach|
|Any assistance, if required, with respect to e-Mail services contact|
|Pondicherry University (Computer Centre)||email@example.com|
|NIC||1800 111 555 (toll free)||servicedesk.nic.in|