DACE – PONDICHERRY UNIVERSITY (DACE –PU)
Areas of Training/Coaching
UPSC – Civil Services Examination
Preliminary/Main Examination / Interview
UPSC has proved that it is the strongest source of extremely prestigious jobs in the Indian jobs industry. In all the UPSC exams especially the IAS exam, we can get clear cut-throat competition today. And in this increasing competition day by day, it has become very difficult to clear the IAS exam and that too for the scheduled caste students. To crack the UPSC exam only self-study can’t work wonders. For success, you need the best coaching, at DACE-PU attempts to best train/coach the scheduled caste students Through the DACE, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
Methodology of Training
Direct Classroom Coaching
Guest Lectures / Specialized lectures/ Video Lectures
Digitalization, E-Books, Online Study Materials
Case Study Analysis
Interaction with Civil Servants
§ Motivational Seminars.
Doubt Clearance classes.
Special Crash course classes, etc.
Daily News Paper Analysis
- Training / Learning programs are available with flexible schedules
- Limited Batch Size: Maximum 100 students per class to foster interactions
- Access to Faculty beyond class hours for Doubt Clearance and Motivation
- Dedicated Library with ample reference books and Internet Facilities
- Revision classes emphasizing crucial topics to excel in the Exam
- A holistic approach towards preparation with a focus on Prelims and Mains from the inception
- Daily Mains Answer Writing Practice and Class tests after the completion of every section in all the subjects
- Always open to Feedback, with prompt Response and Redressal
- State-of-the-art Infrastructure and Amenities
- Class lectures by experienced faculty.
- Lecture notes and class handouts by the faculty.
- Printed study material
- Monthly Current Affairs E-Magazine
- Prelims Test Series
- Mains Answer Writing Programme with feedback from our experienced evaluators for six months, to help students to develop the art of Answer Writing.
- Access to Online Student Portal-DACE-PU which will have the following:
- Online Current affairs Classes
- Current Affairs Material
- Editorial Analysis from selected newspapers
- Summary of Yojana and Kurukshetra Magazines
- Daily Current Affairs-based MCQs Tests of 10 Qs and Monthly Current affairs Tests of 50Qs
- Online Current Affairs Classes:
- To cover the current Affairs for both the Prelims and Main Exams, we have online Current Affairs classes as part of G.S classroom programme.
- General Studies (Prelim cum Mains) Classroom Programme
It is a class room lecture program which is aimed at improving the cognitive capability of students. The tutoring covers basics of all the subjects as well as discussing model answers for previous year and expected questions. It provokes the student towards inductive as well as deductive reasoning thereby developing the analytical skills which is almost needed in tackling Civil Service Examination. It is not a mere teaching program but a mentoring program which leads to holistic development of Individual Personality.
- List of Subjects to be covered at the Prelims Cum Mains
- Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT)
- Political Science & IR
- Commerce & Accountancy
- Science & Technology
- Current Affairs
- Logical Reasoning + Aptitude
- General Science
- Tamil Language
Advertisement (Will be uniform and is being decided)
Publish in May / June in all leading newspapers in Tamilnadu/Pondicherry
Last date of receipt of Application
Common Entrance Test
Educational qualification for UPSC Civil Services
Graduation from any recognized university
On merit basis ( As per DACE norms)
Nature of exam
On the UPSC Prelim Pattern
Declaration of Results
- The Scheme shall be open to only Scheduled Caste students.
- Age Limit: 21 to 37 years
- Nationality: Indian Citizen
- Through Common Entrance Test conducted by DACE
- The Entrance Test will be based on 100 MCQs with one mark in each question. The Syllabus for the Entrance Test is given below a. General Studies (50 Marks): Indian History, Geography, Indian Polity, Indian Economy, General Science including Science Technology, Current Affairs, Sports and General Knowledge
- All students must provide their duly attested caste certificates issued by competent authority.
- The student can avail the coaching facility only once, irrespective of the chances available to him or her.
- The student should not have received benefit from government under any other scheme. An affidavit to this effect should be furnished by the student.
- Maximum of 100 students shall be selected.
- Attendance Register of student enrolment and attendance shall be maintained.
- Accountability of student leaving the said Course in between will be properly fixed and entire fees will be recovered from the student.
- Out of the 100 seats, 33 per cent shall be reserved for women.
- A list of the successful candidates shall be made purely on the basis of merit, including the 33 per cent women.
- Documents to be upload with Online Application a. Scanned images of photograph and signature
b. General English (25 marks)
c. Numerical ablity and Reasoning (25 marks)
b. Scanned document of Age proof certificate
c. Scanned document of Scheduled Caste certificate
d. Scanned document of Educational Qualification of highest degree