The salient features of the Department include:
• UGC Special Assistant Programme DRS-II Level.
• Exchange programmes with prestigious foreign and Indian universities.
• Interactions with distinguished Indian and foreign scholars through seminars, conferences, workshops and refresher courses.
• Promoting teaching and research in the areas of International Relations and Area Studies in general and South Asia in Particular
• Policy input to the makers of India’s foreign and security policies as well as the theoretical understanding of International Relations.
• Publication of Scholarly Journals titled International Journal of South Asian Studies.
• Publication of Scholarly Books on the Thrust Areas of teaching and research programmes in the Department.
The Department has good infra-structural facilities including interactive class rooms, Smart class rooms and other teaching aids to assist teachers and students in their pursuit of academic excellence and relavance.
Professor & Head Mohanan Bhaskaran Pillai, Ph.D. (University of Kerala, Trivandrum)
Specialization: India’s Foreign Policy, South Asian Studies, Political Theory, Development Studies, Research Methodology
Professors P. Moorthy, Ph.D.(Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi)
Specialization: Peace, Disarmament, Science and Technology, Nation Building and Human Resources Management.
P. Lazarus Samraj, Ph.D. (Annamalai University)
Specialization: Indo-U.S. Relations, Terrorism, Indian Government & Politics
N. K. Kumaresan Raja, Ph. D.
(University of Madras). (On EoL)
Specialization: Pubic Administration, Public Policy and Governance & Land Administration
G. Rose, M. Phil. (Jawaharalal Nehru University, New Delhi)
Specialization: International Organisation, Theories of International Relations
Pramod Kumar Ph. D. (Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi)
Specialization: Central Asian and Russian Studies, Energy Security and Sustainable Development.