A child care facility namely Day Care Centre functions on the campus of the University for the benefit of the children of our University employees (faculty and staff) and also the children of married research scholars. Children are taken care by trained and dedicated caretakers with the assistance of two helpers. School going children are also permitted to avail of the facilities of Day Care Centre during the period of summer vacation.
Children are allowed to play, learn good habits, carry out disciplined good activity, sing nursery rhymes, play with toys, indoor bicycles, watch cartoon films on TV, learn basic alphabets, etc. Facilities to feed the children with home made food and filtered water are available. Sleeping facility for all children such as mini Cots, cradles and separate sick beds are available. All rooms are with hygienic atmosphere. The surroundings are covered with concrete to avoid entry of snakes, scorpion, ants, insects etc.
The salient features of the Department include:
• UGC Special Assistant Programme DRS-II Level.
• Exchange programmes with prestigious foreign and Indian universities.
• Interactions with distinguished Indian and foreign scholars through seminars, conferences, workshops and refresher courses.
• Promoting teaching and research in the areas of International Relations and Area Studies in general and South Asia in Particular
• Policy input to the makers of India’s foreign and security policies as well as the theoretical understanding of International Relations.
• Publication of Scholarly Journals titled International Journal of South Asian Studies.
• Publication of Scholarly Books on the Thrust Areas of teaching and research programmes in the Department.
The Department has good infra-structural facilities including interactive class rooms, Smart class rooms and other teaching aids to assist teachers and students in their pursuit of academic excellence and relavance.
Professor & Head Mohanan Bhaskaran Pillai, Ph.D. (University of Kerala, Trivandrum)
Specialization: India’s Foreign Policy, South Asian Studies, Political Theory, Development Studies, Research Methodology
Professors P. Moorthy, Ph.D.(Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi)
Specialization: Peace, Disarmament, Science and Technology, Nation Building and Human Resources Management.
P. Lazarus Samraj, Ph.D. (Annamalai University)
Specialization: Indo-U.S. Relations, Terrorism, Indian Government & Politics
N. K. Kumaresan Raja, Ph. D.
(University of Madras). (On EoL)
Specialization: Pubic Administration, Public Policy and Governance & Land Administration
G. Rose, M. Phil. (Jawaharalal Nehru University, New Delhi)
Specialization: International Organisation, Theories of International Relations
Pramod Kumar Ph. D. (Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi)
Specialization: Central Asian and Russian Studies, Energy Security and Sustainable Development.