Directorate of Distance Education
- Exam Schedule
- Exam Results
- Programmes of Study
- Scholarship and Concessions
In order to cater to the needs of people who could not pursue higher education in the formal/on-campus streams, Pondicherry University had taken a conscious decision to enter in the field of Distance Education by offering Professional/Job Oriented academic Programmes in 1995-96. Currently, the Directorate offers Five MBA, four Post Graduate and two Under Graduate Programmes. The Admission process usually commences in June for Academic year and in January for Calendar year. Given the national character of the university and the quality of the academic programmes offered by the Directorate, students from across the country and from all hues choose Pondicherry University for realizing their dreams of acquiring a professional degree. Thus over the years, the distance education Programmes of Pondicherry University have established a mark of their own
with respect to quality.
The DDE is pioneered in introducing the concept of offering degree programmes under Twinning Programme, by entering into Memorandum of Understanding with reputed institutions having excellent Human Resource, infrastructure and learning facilities. “Twinning” is an innovative educational concept which widens the scope of educational opportunity and widens the access to classroom teaching for student’s distant locations.
The twinning concept envisages a tie-up between Directorate of Distance Educaton, Pondicherry University and the Twinning Institutions. The marked difference between the conventional Distance Education programmes and this innovatice twinning programme is that the students would undergo a rigorous extended classroom sessions on all Saturdays and Sundays during the academic year insteat of the usual 8 days Personal Contact Programme.
- DDE Important Notification – Related to Question Papers
- Most Important Notification – January 2021 Exams
- DDE Exam January 2021 – PRESS RELEASE
- Revised Time Table for January 2021 Exams – UG/PG ( Non-Semester Courses) – (Posted on 22.12.2020)
- Revised Time Table for January 2021 Exams – MBA ( Semester Courses) – (Posted on 22.12.2020)
- Time Table for January 2021 Exams – MBA Equivalent Paper 2005-2011 Batch – ( Posted on 22.12.2020)
- Notification – Conduct of Examination for January 2021 (Twinning/Genral Students) –(Posted on 20-12-2020)
- Notification for Conduct of Examinations for January 2021 – Twinning / Conventional Mode Students
- Conduct of Examinations for December 2020
- Front Page of Answer Script
- Examination Application Form
- Exam Application Instructions & Fee Structure
MBA Degree Programmes (2 Years – 4 Semesters)
- MBA – Human Resources Management
- MBA – Finance
- MBA – Marketing
- MBA – International Business
- MBA – General
P G Degree Programmes (2 years-Non Semester)
- Master of Arts in English
- Master of Arts in Sociology
- Master of Arts in Hindi
- Master of Commerce
UG Degree Programmes (3 year-Non Semester)
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Commerce
The DDE proposed to start the following new courses
from next Academic Year July, 2020 onwards subject to
approval of UGC-DEB, New Delhi:
- MBA Degree Programmes (2 Year – 4 Semesters)
- MBA – Hospital Management
- MBA – Tourism
- MBA – Operations & Supply Chain Management
UG Degree Programmes (3 year-Non Semester)
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
- Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics
- Bachelor of Arts in History
- Bachelor of Arts in English
Directorate of Distance Education is also endowed with an exclusive library in the DDE building. Apart from a wide range of books on Management and Computer applications, the Library stacks all the study materials of DDE, popular journals of Management, Project Reports of MBA, Assignments of PG Students, Question Banks and other dailies and magazines
Punitha. A, Ph.D. (Pondicherry University, Pondicherry) Specialization: Business Ethics, Human Resource Management, Organizational Behaviour and Business Environment.
Umasri .V, Ph.D. (Pondicherry University, Pondicherry) Specialization: Accounting and Finance, Financial Management, Security Analysis and Portfolio Management.
Sk. MD. Nizamuddin, Ph.D. (Pondicherry University, Pondicherry) Specialization: Marketing Management, Advertising, Services Marketing,Business Laws.
Scholarship for SC/ST students
SC/ST students admitted in this Directorate can avail themselves of the various scholarships of the respective State/ UT Government, of which the student is a permanent resident.
100% Tuition fee Concession is extended to Physically Challenged persons & 50% Tuition fee concession is extended to the following categories:
- Non-teaching employees of Pondicherry University and their wards (Group C & D)
- Defence personnel serving in Indian Armed Forces
- Deserted Women
Dr. C. K. Ramaiah
Dr. Arvind Gupta
No Downloads available.