Dr. R. Samyuktha
Tel : 91-413-2655213
Fax : 91-413-2655254
E-mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tenure : 1.08.2008 to 31.08.2020
||B.Sc. M.A. M.L.I.S, Ph.D. (educated at University of Madras)
|Professional Experience :
||34 years with a major stint at University of Madras
||Digital Libraries, e resources and Services, ICT and Information Literacy
First recipient of C.D. Sharma Award (National) in 1994
Satkal Woman Librarian Award (National) in 2012
Best Librarian Award (South India) 2013
Major Professional Accomplishments
- As an Administrator and Manager, had always been proactive whether it be in establishing essential library infrastructure and innovative value added services or personnel management with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Possess rich experience in automation of the Guindy Campus and Taramani Campus libraries (both Science and Medical Campuses) of University of Madras.
- Instrumental in design and implementation of the Library portals of Guindy Campus Library of University of Madras as well as that of Pondicherry Central University.
- Created an impact of digital library services with building up of a voluminous collection of e-books, e-journals, e-databases and e-theses.
- Responsible for digitization of the University’s Theses and made access open through the library portal and simultaneously hosting the same on the UGC’s INFLIBNET repository of electronic theses and dissertations ‘ Shodhganga’.
- Proactive in planning and establishing a facility with required equipment for visually challenged to use the library services.
- Innovative in introducing negotiation for purchase / subscription of e-resources through videoconferencing, (first of its kind among universities in the country) thus saving time and money.
- Had successfully organized Orientation/Training programmes, Workshops, Seminars, International, National Conferences and Discussion forums.
- Participated in professional programmes to update, hone skills and network for exchange of expertise.
- Rich teaching experience in delivering lectures and training faculty and scholars at various universities and institutions of repute.
- Largely sought after for consultation in automation of libraries.
- Had opportunities of chairing several technical sessions, moderating panel discussions and also serving as panelist.
- Initiated student support services such as “Earn while you learn” scheme; establishment of a University Bookshop to cater to the students need of books, Stationery and Souvenirs.
- Extension services to reach the neighbourhood through radio talks and interviews in community radio of the university.
- Organized workshops for Library professionals, College Principals in Puducherry and Chennai.
Membership of Distinction
- Had contributed by being a Woman and SC representative in several selection committees for recruitment of Faculty and non teaching positions at Pondicherry Central University.
- Invited as Subject Expert for recruitment of University Librarians and College Librarians.
- Expert member of the committee in establishing library collection at 12,000 plus libraries of all the Panchayats of Tamilnadu as per the “Anaithu Gramiya Noolaga Thittam” of Govt. of Tamilnadu.
- Member of the National Committee drawn by the UGC INFLIBNET for implementation of the National Repository of Theses.
- Member of the Academic Council and Court of Pondicherry Central University being a Statutory officer.
- Member of Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) and the National Accreditation (NACC) Steering Committee.
- Served also with additional capacity as Head of the Department of Library & Information Science at Pondicherry Central University for an academic year in 2009-2010. During this period, promoted the visibility of the professional course which in turn increased the student admissions, launched Doctoral programme as well as an “add on” course, PGDLAN.
- Efforts taken for the launch of the Pondicherry University Women Faculty and Officers’ Forum to establish the power of networking to promote academic initiatives and showcase cultural diversities.