About 5S Conference
The 21st century poses various challenges to businesses in the complex environmental set-up where business have to take strategic decisions about uncertainty of the future, financial management, monitoring performance, regulation and compliance, competencies and recruiting the right talent, technology, exploding data, customer service, maintaining business reputation and knowing when to embrace change. Consequently, in a single generation, businesses have to adapt to diverse new channels so that they can ably compete on a global stage. In such a perplexing atmosphere, three broad areas emerge as saviors to the modern businesses: STRATEGY, SYSTEM & SERVICE. This three-fold strategy ensures the SUSTAINABILITY & SCALABILITY of business - the bloodline of the 21st century enterprise.
Against the backdrop of this emerging scenario, the Department of Management Studies, Pondicherry University, brings the 5S conference aimed at addressing the following objectives:
- To explore the opportunities, issues and challenges in the domain of business strategy, service and system;
- To explore ways and means by which businesses can sustain and progress in the ever-evolving 21st century business environment.
- Who can attend the Conference?
- The conference shall provide an effective platform for researchers, academicians and professionals to meet, interact and exchange new research ideas. To facilitate this, the conference may be attended by academicians, corporate delegates, management consultants, research scholars and practicing managers who can highlight the existing practices, issues, challenges, strategies and future trends relating to the main theme and sub-themes of the conference.
- Delegates can attend the conference either as a participant or paper presenter and get benefitted by the knowledge sharing experience.
- The 5S conference encompasses the following events:
- Paper presentation on the themes and sub-themes of the conference.
- A research colloquium comprising Research Proposal Presentation and On-going Research Presentation exclusively for research scholars.
Technical sessions on how to write research articles and how to write research proposals.
- Call for papers, research proposals and synopsis of on-going research.
- Original unpublished research papers, case studies are invited from researchers, academicians and practitioners for presentation, deliberation and publication in the 5S conference. The conference also invites research proposals and synopsis of on-going research work from research scholars for presentation and deliberation.
- Interested participants are invited to send their abstracts not exceeding 200 words indicating clearly the objectives of the study, proposed methodology, key results and implications of the study with 3 to 5 keywords to
- Selection of the abstracts will be intimated to the participants for sending their full papers as per the guidelines. The full paper received will undergo a plagiarism check using Turnitin. If plagiarism exceeds 25% the papers will be sent back to the authors for modification. Then the full paper will undergo a double blind review process by an expert review committee. Selected papers along with reviewer's comments and suggestions will be sent to the authors for further modifications/corrections if any. Further the authors have to send their final paper along with proof of payment of registration fees.
- Exceptional papers as recommended by the review committee will be published in UGC approved journals. All other papers selected for presentation will be published in an e-book with ISBN (Optional).
- The publication of the papers is optional. However, the authors has to send their full paper and it has to undergo the above review process before presentation in the conference.
- The above process is applicable to research proposals and synopsis of on-going research as well but will not be published either in e-book with ISBN or in journals.